The Birthing Programme Hypnobirthing classes in Kings Langley Hertfordshire. This course is also taught privately in clients own homes throughout south west Hertfordshire and south Buckinghamshire.
Developed by The Wise Hippo, the Birthing Programme is a new approach to birthing. Supporting all types of birth, home, birthing centre, hospital, natural, medicated, assisted, cesarean section, Vbac and lotus births. There is no pressure, opinion or judgement, just support and guidance to building confidence and using techniques and tools to help you throughout labour and birth.
We believe a positive birth experience is a state of. It's not only defined by what happens during birth, but by how a woman feels about her baby’s birth. Because of this belief we are able to teach skills and knowledge that empower women to trust their instincts and ensure that their baby has the right birth on the day.
We respect that every woman has the right to choose the birth that she wants for her child (whatever that may be) and we trust that our clients know what is right for them.
There is no one right way to give birth. No one can know for sure how their birthing will go. It is always a very individual experience for mum her baby and her birthing partner.
Hypnobirthing is not always understood. It is simply relaxation and visualisation techniques which you control yourself and use when you need to stay calm and relaxed so your body is able to birth your baby more easily without anxiety, tension and stress slowing labour down.
What we do is provide our clients with a fun programme full of factual information about labour and birth, along with simple to follow tools and techniques suitable for all types of birthing circumstances, so that they are able to:
- Explaining the relevance of the Hippopotamus
- The Picture of Childbirth today
- The Birthing Programme materials
- Defining Hypnosis
- Acknowledging Pain
- The Physiology of Birth and the Impact of Fear
- Mind / Body connection
- The Impact of Others
- Taking charge of your thoughts
- Relaxation – the antidote to discomfort
- What is Relaxation?
- Positions for Relaxation
- Remember to Breathe
- Eyes Open Hypnosis
- Time Distortion
- Birth Partners Script
- Establishing a practice routine
- Birth planning
- Physical preparations for birth
- Choosing where to have your baby
- Choosing who will be with you
- Alternative options for promoting comfort
- Medical intervention
- Natural nudges of encouragement for your baby.
- Your baby’s ideal position for birth and the mirror mantra
- Fear release session
- Soothing strokes and the power of positive touch
- Positions for birth
- Ligaments and pelvis
- Humming your baby down – birthing your baby
- Birth partner’s role
- Using the techniques during labour
- When baby arrives
- Sea of Serenity – Birth Hypnosis session
- Your practice and preparation diary
Private 1-1 classes in your own home (within 8 miles of HP3 0LA) are covered over four sessions for £237.
Private 1-1 classes in your own home (over 8 miles from HP3 0LA are available for £247 plus (depending on distance).
Please visit our facebook page @enlightenedbirthKL
To make an enquiry please use the contact us form.
For more information please visit the FAQ page.
The Wise Hippo Birthing Programme has been awarded full recognition and accreditation by FEDANT Federation of Antenatal Educators. It is also being taught across 10 NHS trusts with more following.
Attending a class or course taught by Enlightened Birth is not a substitute for the advice of a qualified medical / healthcare practitioner, midwife or obstetrician.